1) Identifying and determining the needs of research and educational departments for teaching staff.
2) Giving a general call for recruiting new members for departments.
3) Making decision on how to employ new academics including contract academics, probationary academics, permanent academics, and soldier academics, and deciding on the mission and transfer of them on the basis of relevant procedures and regulations.
4) Commenting on the new applicants to be admitted to the departments according to their scientific eligibility and general merits.
5) Supervising the execution of laws and regulations concerning teaching staff employment.
6) Presenting annual reports to the central board of academic recruitment in the ministry of science, research, and technology.